2020 APSI Course Description
AP Calculus AB
5 Day Virtual Instruction
With the current situation across the country, this summer’s AP Summer Institutes will look different than previous years. While teachers will not be able to meet in person as accustomed, I have designed a plan that still allows great amounts of collaboration, discussions, activities, and interaction. For AP Calculus AB, the majority of our workshop will take place “live” with synchronous sessions while allowing some time for asynchronous work to accommodate busy schedules and differences in time zones. The workshop will take place over 5 days and will include dozens of classroom-ready and unique activities as well as access to hundreds of free resources I’ve created over the course of many years. All teachers that attend will gain access to all of these materials that are designed specifically to maximize AP performance while engaging students of all abilities.
The five day workshop will include all major topics in the AP Calculus AB course. Throughout the week, we will:
• discuss strategies on introducing and teaching those challenging topics throughout the course
• discuss the particulars of how exams are scored and how to maximize student scores
• discuss scaffolding strategies to allow all students to find success
• discuss growing your AP program along with keeping our focus on equity and access
• discuss student engagement strategies
• discuss classroom assessment strategies
• discuss, engage in, and explore many activities and classroom-ready resources that are both rigorous and accessible to students
• discuss how to move students to conceptual understanding needed for AP success
• discuss and explore CB resources such as AP Classroom, AP Central, and the CED
• discuss pacing throughout the year along with review plans and strategies for the exam
• discuss all major topics throughout the course
A detailed agenda of sessions will be provided along with links to the materials and both synchronous and asynchronous sessions to registered participants.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to working with you this summer!