Syllabus for AP* Seminars Silicon Valley
• Introductions and Overview Layout of the week; What do you want from this workshop? Etc.
• Overview of the Acorn Book, Teacher’s Guide and Philosophy. (Geared to AP* Exam, geared to fun. Why not have BOTH?)
• Logistics: Ordering textbooks, finding websites and web sources, joining the list serve,
• TOPPS and APA organizations, amassing a textbook reference shelf, copy of key books (DSM V, DSM Case Study Books, Hock’s book, etc. Collegeboard.com
• Pacing calendars, Summer assignments, Criteria for admission, Who sits for the test,
• Intro Class Ideas, (starting the year, setting the tone, etc.) Outside reading suggestions, video lists and resources, activity guides and review books, sample syllabi.
• The AP* Test: Take the 2007 released exam. Score and discuss, Discuss the Free Response section of the exam.
• Intro to Psych: ideas and suggestions, activities and contributions
• The Brain
• States of Consciousness
• Thinking and Language
• Motivation and Emotion
• Personality, Psychological Assessment
• Psychological Disorders
• Treatment of Psychological Disorders
• Physical and Cognitive Development Social Development
• Social Psychology
• Health and Stress,
• What to do after the AP* exam
• 4th quarter projects, research
• Wrap up of week, final suggestions, ideas, questions,
• Exchange contact information.