There are three registration periods: Early-bird (opening of registration through May 11, 2018), Regular (May 12 - June 29), and Late (June 30 - close of registration). These periods are defined in terms of when payment is received, not the date of registration. The fees for the tuition options are as follows:
• Early-bird Registration: $750.00 (for registrations paid on/before May 11, 2018)
• Regular Registration: $785.00 (for registrations paid on/after May 12 and on/before June 29)
• Late Registration: $825.00 (for registrations paid on/after June 30)
• There is a $30.00 Lab Fee for participants in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics 1, and Physics C
Other Fees (optional)
• Lodging/Meals (Week #1: $640.00; Week #2: $550.00).
For Week #1 (CSP only), on-campus housing is not available for 7/23-7/27. However, we have reserved a small block of rooms at the nearby
Stanford Guest House. The Guest House cost of $640.00 includes taxes and breakfast (dinner is not included). The Guest House is a hotel owned and operated by Stanford University and is about a 7-8 minute drive from Palo Alto High School.
• For Week #2, limited dorm space, including Sunday reception, breakfast Monday-Thursday, and dinner Monday-Wednesday, will be available on the campus of Stanford University. Rooms are mostly double occupancy although there may be a few singles. Bathroom facilities are shared. The ratio of singles, single room doubles, and two-room doubles will not be known until very close to the start of the workshop and we are unable to accoomodate requests for specific accommodations. Dorms are not air conditioned.
• Parking. Participants parking a car on the Stanford campus are required to purchase a parking permit (about $20), which can be purchased upon arrival on July 29. No permit is required at Palo Alto High School.
• Lunch Plan: $65.00. Panera Bread will deliver a box lunch to you on campus Monday through Thursday. (See FAQ#13 for an explanation of why lunch isn't included.)
• College Credit: $160.00. Two semester graduate units will be available from San Diego State University. Details for obtaining credit will be posted in the Pre-Conference Materials Section of this website on, approximately, July 1, 2018.
• No-fee registration. We offer complementary registration (tuition only, including lab fees) for one Palo Alto High School Teacher per subject area. College Board Grant reipients will have their tuition (including lab fees) paid directly to us by the College Board. Palo Alto High School Teachers and College Board Grant recipients may, at their option, purchase the lodging/meals plan, the lunch plan, or college credit. To access information about the AP Summer Institute Scholarship Program, click on CB APSI Grants.
Note: if you are a CB Grant recipient or a PAHS teacher, please send an e-mail once you have finished registering to Duane@apseminars.com with that information so that we can properly credit your registration.