There are three registration periods, defined in terms of when payment is received, not the date of registration. The fees for the tuition options are as follows:
• Early-bird Registration: $750.00 (paid on/before May 11, 2018)
• Regular Registration: $785.00 (paid on/after May 12 and on/before June 29)
• Late Registration: $825.00 (paid on/after June 30)
• Lab Fee $ 30 Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics 1 & C
Other Fees (optional)
• Lodging/Meals (Week #1: $640.00; Week #2: $550.00).
Week #1 (CSP only), on-campus housing is not available for 7/23-7/27. However, we have reserved a small block of rooms at the nearby Stanford Guest House. The Guest House cost of $640.00 includes taxes and breakfast (dinner is not included). The Guest House is a hotel owned and operated by Stanford University and is about a 7-8 minute drive from Palo Alto High School.
As of 5/9, these are SOLD OUT.
Week #2, limited dorm space, including Sunday reception, breakfast Monday-Thursday, and dinner Monday-Wednesday, will be available on the campus of Stanford University. Rooms are mostly double occupancy although there may be a few singles. Bathroom facilities are shared. The ratio of singles, single room doubles, and two-room doubles will not be known until very close to the start of the workshop and we are unable to accoomodate requests for specific accommodations.
Dorms are not air conditioned. SOLD OUT
• Parking. Participants parking a car on the Stanford campus are required to purchase a parking permit (about $20), which can be purchased upon arrival on July 29. No permit is required at Palo Alto High School.
• Lunch Plan: $65.00. Panera Bread will deliver a box lunch to you on campus Monday through Thursday.
(See FAQ#13 for an explanation of why lunch isn't included.)
• College Credit: $160.00. Two semester graduate units will be available from San Diego State University. Details for obtaining credit will be posted in the Pre-Conference Materials Section of this website on, approximately, July 1, 2018.
•No-fee registration. We will complement (tuition only, including lab fees) one (1) registration per subject area for Palo Alto High School Teachers
• College Board Grant recipient tuition (including lab fees) will be paid directly to us by the College Board.
Palo Alto High School Teachers and College Board Grant recipients may, at their option, purchase the lodging/meals plan, the lunch plan, or college credit.
To access information about the AP Summer Institute Scholarship Program, click on CB APSI Grants.
! Note: if you are a CB Grant recipient or a PAHS teacher, please send an e-mail once you have finished registering to Duane@apseminars.com with that information so that we can properly credit your registration.