• There are three registration periods, defined in terms of when payment is received, not the date of registration. The registration fee for these periods are as follows:
• Early-bird Registration: $775.00 (registration fees paid on/before May 10, 2019)
• Regular Registration: $810.00 (paid on/after May 11 and on/before June 28)
• Late Registration: $835.00 (paid on/after June 29)
• Lab Fee $30.00 Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics 1, Physics C
• Palo Alto High School (Paly) teachers: we offer one complementary registration per subject (tuition and lab fees only) for Paly teachers. If you are a Paly teacher and have completed the registration form (link below), please send an e-mail to Duane@apseminars.com so that we can properly credit your registration.
• College Board Scholarship recipients tuition only (including lab fees) will be paid directly to us by the College Board. If you are a College Board Scholarship recipient and hve completed the registration form, please send an e-mail to Duane@apseminars.com so that we can properly credit your registration. Do indicate which type of scholarship you have received (AP Fellows, AP Rural Fellows, AP Redesign, or AP Capstone).
Note: Palo Alto High School Teachers and College Board Grant recipients may, at their option, purchase the lodging/meals plan, the lunch plan, or college credit (details below).
To access information about the AP Summer Institute Scholarship Program, click on CB APSI Grants.
Other Fees (optional)
• Lodging/Meals (Week #1: $668.00; Week #2: $595.00).
Week #1 (CSP only; $668.00): on-campus housing at Stanford is not available for 7/22-7/26. However, we have reserved a small block of rooms at the nearby Stanford Guest House. The Guest House cost for four nights is $668.00 which includes taxes and breakfast (dinner is not included). The Guest House is a hotel owned and operated by Stanford University and is about a 7-8 minute drive from Palo Alto High School.
Week #2 ($595.00): limited dorm space, including Sunday reception, breakfast Monday-Thursday, and dinner Monday-Wednesday, will be available on the campus of Stanford University. Rooms are double occupancy . Bathroom facilities are shared. Note that there is nothing fancy about the dorms-they are pretty much standard, un-air-conditioned, college dorms. Roommates will be of the same gender but floors may be mixed-gender. The great advantage to these dorms is that they are located on the beautiful Stanford Campus and, compared to costs at local hotels, are very reasonable. However, if life in an undergraduate dorm isn't for you, you might consider other options.
Lunch Plan: $65.00. Panera Bread will deliver a box lunch to you on campus each day.
(See FAQ#13 for an explanation of why lunch isn't included.)
• Parking on the Stanford campus Week 2 (about $20.00 for the week). Participants parking a car on the Stanford campus are required to purchase a parking permit, which can be purchased upon arrival on July 28. No permit is required at Palo Alto High School.
• College Credit: $160.00. Two semester graduate units will be available from San Diego State University. Details for obtaining credit will be posted in the Pre-Conference Materials Section of this website on, approximately, July 1, 2019.